Monday, April 25, 2016
World Ovarian Cancer Day May 8th
The #gyncsm community is pleased to once again be a participating organization in World Ovarian Cancer Day, an international day to raise awareness of ovarian cancer and its symptoms. The day is one way women diagnosed with the disease around the world can unite their voices in a sign of solidarity.
Ovarian Cancer is characterized worldwide as the gynecologic cancer with the lowest survival rate.
Here are 5 key facts from the World Ovarian Cancer Day website (http://ovariancancerday.org/ )
1. All women are at risk of ovarian cancer
2. Awareness of the early warning signs of the disease could save lives
3. Diagnosis at an early stage vastly improves a woman’s chance of survival
4. Ovarian cancer is often diagnosed at a late stage.
5. Many women mistakenly believe the cervical smear test (Pap test) will detect ovarian cancer
What do you wish you knew about Ovarian Cancer? Join WOCD in their #KnowNow campaign to share knowledge about ovarian cancer. Watch this short video then go to their website and share on their "Wall of Wisdom".
You can also help us all in our efforts to raise awareness of ovarian cancer by tweeting using the hashtags #WOCD or #WorldOvarianCancerDay on May 8th.
Co-moderator #gyncsm chat