We have already provided some information about Rare Disease Day® in a recent blog post. But we wanted to share with you two additional Rare Disease Day chats that will be occurring this week along with some twitter handles to watch. Thanks again to Stephanie Fischer (@SDFatPhRMA) for providing this important information.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2:30-3:30pm ET: NIH will host a tweetchat to raise awareness of rare disease and promote Rare Disease Day at NIH. NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins will participate as will Dr. John Ferguson, Medical Consultant, Office of Rare Disease Research in the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS).· Hashtag: #NIHchat
· Handles to watch: @NIH, @NIHDirector and @NCATS_NIH_GOV
There is also a Rare Disease Day at the National Institutes of Health: February 27th in Bethesda, MD – and available by WEBCAST.
Thursday, February 26th, 1-2pm ET: The Center for Jewish Genetics and Global Genes will host a tweetchat to raise awareness of rare diseases.· Hashtag: #RareDiseaseChat
· Handles to watch: @JewishGenetics, @GlobalGenes & @BYMRKH
Here are some Rare Disease twitter handles to watch this week:
· NORD: @RareDiseases
· Global Genes: @GlobalGenes
· Rare Disease Day US: @RareDayUS
· World Rare Disease Day: @RareDiseaseDay
· Rare Diseases Europe: @eurordis
· Coordination of Rare Diseases at Sanford (hosting an event on Friday): @SanfordCoRDS
Every Day is a Blessing!